When it comes to planning for an effective, goal-oriented year, senior executives take time to evaluate their respective organizations, team members and overall achievements, and missed opportunities, of the previous year.
This process demands a review of 12 major questions, a mix of strategic and personal topics to reflect on, says Ken Jennings, PhD, managing partner of Third River Partners, a leading development and strategy execution consultancy working with senior executive teams to achieve dramatic business results.
Jennings teaches leadership, strategy and change management around the world. He is a former co-director of the Global Leadership Program at the University of Michigan Business School and draws on deep experience as a managing partner at Accenture in change management.
So, take a moment to review his 12 questions.
1. Breakthrough: What three achievements will elevate your organization to the next level of success?
2. Reinforce Success: What must you do to accelerate the success you are already achieving?
3. Teamwork Goals: What changes must you make to upgrade your team?
4. Competitive Advantage: How can you create a sustainable competitive advantage?
5. Innovation: In what areas would new products, services, processes or approaches make the most significant difference?
6. Personal Growth: What new knowledge, skills or abilities do you most want to develop?
7. Strengths: How will you build upon your most reliable strengths to create personal and professional success?
8. Delegation: What can you delegate to others to develop them or free yourself for increased contribution?
9. Health and Wellness: What can you do to improve your health and wellness?
10. Develop Others: What will you do to increase the confidence and capabilities of key individuals around you?
11. Values: What would you do to further the most important values of your organization?
12. The Greater Goal: What are the elements of the greater goal you have for your life and contribution?
As you plan for the year, what questions do you review? How do you align all the strategic and personal points found in these 12 questions, which Jennings will discuss during the HIMSS Virtual Conference & Expo on Nov. 7-8.
Share your thoughts here on the HIMSS Blog.