This post celebrates the ICD-10 PlayBook’s 1st birthday!
One year ago on May 25, 2011, we launched the ICD-10 PlayBook at the HIMSS G7 with the support and collaboration of the many participants, Medical Banking and Financial Systems Committee and ICD-10 Task Force. Our goal was to create relevant and impactful content stakeholders need for this sea of change in healthcare transformation.
We thank you for making the ICD-10 PlayBook your reliable, “go to” resource and for keeping it “top of mind” as you educate your clients, staff, members and constituents.
To celebrate your accomplishments, please help us with the following:
1) Send emails to your staff, members and clients to encourage them to use the ICD-10 PlayBook so they can begin to get ready “NOW.”
2) Send your greetings and comments about the ICD-10 PlayBook by visiting www.himss.org/ICD10PlayBook and click on the “Give Us Your Feedback” tab. We want to hear how you’ve been using the ICD-10 PlayBook!
3) Read the following 1st year ICD-10 PlayBook milestones with a smile:
The ICD-10 PlayBook is one of the top 5 most visited sites within the HIMSS.org website along with the EHR, Meaningful Use, State HIT Dashboard and Policy sections.
- In less than 1 year, the ICD-10 PlayBook website generated over 35,000 visits.
- The ICD-10 Task Force’s Predictive Modeling Tool has generated almost 5,000 uses/downloads. To view, go to HIMSS – ICD-10 Cost Predictive Modeling Tool (2/14/2011).
- Users of the PlayBook include hospital boards, CEO, VPs, CIOs, CMIO, CNIOs, directors, managers, ambulatory providers, physicians, nurses, state governments, vendors, health plans, clearing houses, healthcare strategists, IT/IS/business consultants, revenue cycle managers and staff, business/systems analysts, academia faculty/educators, students and more!
- Sponsors of the ICD-10 PlayBook have enjoyed high rates of exposure, content use and downloads (for sponsorship opportunities, email email@example.com).
- More than 30 organizations now belong to the ICD-10 PlayBook Community and they continue to create and submit content based on provider needs.
- ICD-10 PlayBook related activities and events include: 10 webinars/virtual briefings, Annual Conference 2012 (AC12) ICD-10 Symposium, AC12 ICD-10 Knowledge Center, AC12 Healthcare Business Community ICD-10 demonstration at the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase (to become a HIMSS member and receive HIMSS Annual Conference discounts, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The ICD-10 Task Force provided to 10 HIMSS chapters presentations on ICD-10 using information from the PlayBook (to join the ICD-10 Task Force, email email@example.com).
4) Tweet about the 1st Birthday of the ICD-10 PlayBook and send out the website URL.
5) Post the ICD-10 PlayBook website on your Facebook and other social media outlets.
The ICD-10 PlayBook’s second year brings many more opportunities to the pipeline for all of us. They will include:
A new design for the ICD-10 PlayBook Version 3, scheduled for launch in March 2013 (to become a content contributor, email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Improved usability and easier navigation
- Incremental reports featuring “what works and what doesn’t work” resulting from the upcoming ICD-10 Pilot Program with end-to-end testing in collaboration with key stakeholders (to be considered for participation in the pilot program, email email@example.com).
- Financial Risk Calculator tool
- More ICD-10 Advisory Reports from the HIMSS G7- our premier leadership and strategic solutions platform. To learn more about the HIMSS G7, please click here.
- More content regarding implementation, Go live and monitor/control
- More content and messaging from health plans, providers, clearinghouses, financial institutions, vendors and consultants
- And many more surprise new features currently under development
A big thank you to our current sponsors:
- United Healthcare
- Wolters Kluwer
- CodeSmart University
…….and our charter sponsors:
- United Healthcare
- Experis/Manpower Group
…..for making the ICD-10 PlayBook an enduring resource, complementary for providers and all who wish to succeed in ICD-10! We look forward to our new adventures together as we create and contribute content for the ICD-10 PlayBook to help providers!
Congratulations to all of you on a successful 1st ICD-10 PlayBook year! Next year promises to be even better!
Best regards from the HIMSS Business-Centered Systems Staff,
- John Casillas, Senior Vice President, HIMSS Business-Centered Systems
- Juliet A Santos, MSN, CCRN, FNP-BC, Senior Director, HIMSS Business-Centered Systems
- Joanne Bartley, CAE, Manager, HIMSS Business-Centered Systems
- Ebony Morgan, Coordinator, HIMSS Business-Centered Systems